Hard and polluted water, hot styling tools, chemical-rich treatments, and air pollution – we put our hair through a lot. After years of dyeing, styling, bleaching, and even unicorn-ing, our hair needs one of the best hair masks to achieve their health.
Many of us feel hesitant to apply hair masks on a regular basis, primarily because they do not know why they need them. Many people think that regular conditioners after shampooing can fix the damage. But that’s not true!
Hair masks work as a conditioner on steroids. While the hair conditioner covers the hair cuticle by providing a protective coating, a hair mask penetrates deeper to nourish and hydrate the cuticle at the scalp. A healthy scalp leads to healthy hair.
You should choose a hair mask by keeping in mind your hair type and texture. A good quality hair mask deeply conditions your overly dry and bleached hair, making them look and feel less tangled, soft and smoother, and more manageable.
What are the different types of hair masks?
The type of hair mask you choose depends on the texture and strength of your hair. Here’s a little guide:
- Protein Hair Masks: If your hair feels stretchy, weak, and stringy, it might be an indication that your hair needs protein. Hair is made up of protein, and its deficiency can lead to wear down over time. Treating your hair with appropriate protein masks on a regular basis keeps it healthy. But if your hair is in a healthy condition, you should not go overboard with hair protein treatments as excessive protein can make your hair crisp and stiff.
- Hydrating Hair Masks: You need a moisturizing hair mask for too dry hair, frizzy hair, and split-ends. Does it feel too dry, break easily, or tangle? You seriously need some moisture with a hydrating hair mask.
- Oil-Based Hair Masks: These hair masks work best in alternation with hydrating hair masks. They seal in moisture, keeping your hair nourished and hydrated for a longer duration. Some of the best oils used in these oil-based hair masks are olive oil, coconut, oil, almond oil, and argan oil.
- Bond-Building Hair Masks: Specially formulated bond-building hair masks for colored, bleached, styled, and treated hair. This type of hair mask cut down and reverses the damage by repairing and restoring the protein bonds in your hair shafts.
How Should You Apply Hair Masks For The Best Results?
The way of applying a hair mask onto your scalp and strands matter a lot when it comes to achieving the best results. Here are the steps you should take to apply hair masks for the expected results.
- Clean Your Hair: Product residue and dirt build-up in the hair create barriers around the hair shaft. It could keep them from absorbing moisture and Therefore, it is important to wash your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water. Squeeze the extra moisture out of your hair using a towel and let it air dry.
- Apply The Mask: Once your hair becomes dry, untangle it with a wide-toothed comb. Now, section your hair, and start applying the hair mask from the roots so your hair’s tips. Focus on the tips as they face the most damage. Then, run the comb through your hair when it is completely covered in the mask to ensure that all of your hair strands are fully coated.
- Let It Process: Increase the effectiveness of the mask by creating a warm environment for your hair. Keep your hair wrapped with a hot towel for as long as possible. The duration depends on the hair mask and often ranges from 10 minutes to overnight.
- Wash It Out: Wash your hair mask out using cool water and shampoo. Then, use the conditioner for finishing. The cool water seals your cuticles, keeping your hair feeling nourished and moisturized for a long time.
Now, let’s look at some of the best hair masks for bleached hair available on the market:
1. MOROCCANOIL Restorative Hair Mask
Bleached or color-treated hair needs extra care, including proper conditioning. You can protect your bleached hair from getting damaged with the help of a MOROCCANOIL restorative hair mask. You can use it before or after bleach your hair.
This hair mask revitalizes and restructures your brittle hair that’s been damaged due to heating tools and coloring. This nourishing and moisture-rich hair mask increases the elasticity of your strands. Further, the presence of Keratin, Argan Oil, and Shea Butter also strengthen your hair from inside out.
All the ingredients in this mask are natural and organic. Thus, this mask suits almost every hair type. The Argan oil is full of tocopherols, which is vitamin E. In addition, this mask is also rich in antioxidants and fatty acids.
When you use it regularly, it makes your hair look smooth and give you long-lasting results. The best part is that you do not use heat to activate this hair mask. This is a perfect intense deep conditioning treatment for bleached hair.
2. Fekkai Salon Tech Mask 7
When it comes to achieving the beautiful looking hairstyle, you need the best hair products, including hair masks. If you are in search of the conditioning solution for your bleached hair, then this hair mask from Fekkai is a great choice for you.
This hair mask is infused with the pure grapeseed oil, which provides the needed moisture to your color-treated hair. Grapeseed oil is full of antioxidants to improve the health as well as the texture of your hair. Grapeseed oil is a completely natural element and is also best for rough, dry, and damaged hair. This hair mask is also scented by crème rose, which is again a natural element.
Further, this hair mask is best for frizzy and dry hair. It leaves you with soft and manageable strands. If you are getting tired of tangles and split ends, then this hair mask is a great option for you. After washing your hair, apply it with hand on hair strands, then leave it for 3-5 minutes and rinse off with water.
3. Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
Get rid of damaged and brittle hair with this natural hair mask. Whether you have bleached, color-treated, dry, damaged, or fragile hair, this hair mask repair all. It is free from harsh chemicals, parabens, and sulfates. Therefore, this coconut oil hair mask does not cause further damage to your hair and suit all hair types.
Apart from coconut oil, this hair mask also contains shea butter, argan oil, and rosehip oil. Coconut oil repairs damaged hair, shea butter benefits frizz, and dry hair, and argan oil promotes healthy hair. The rosehip oil is full of vitamins and fatty acids that hydrate your scalp for long hours.
Whether your hair is color-related or not, you can use this mask after every head wash. Regular use of it leaves you with soft, smooth, and manageable hair. The price of this mask is also reasonable and does not cost you much. It doesn’t feel your hair greasy or oily.
4. Schedu Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
Give your hair the best treatment with Dr. Schedu’s hair mask. This intensive hair treatment rediscovers your hair’s natural beauty. Whether you have color-treated hair, dry strands, or damaged hair, this hair mask helps you with all hair problems. Its formula is based on the latest developments in cosmetic science and is crafted to help restore your hair’s natural beauty.
This mask offers a high percentage of Keratin, which strengthens and moisturizes your hair follicles. It also makes your hair smooth and free from frizz. It contains high levels of natural oils and lipids that nourish your dry as well as damaged hair. The natural ingredients in this hair mask are Collagen, Aloe Vera, Jojoba oil, Argan Oil, and Shea Butter.
Further, the extra bit of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, E, and F make this mask the best hair mask for all hair types. It also prevents hair breakage, hair fall, and split ends. All in all, this hair mask leaves your smooth, shiny, tangle-free, and manageable strands.
5. Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask By Arvazallia
The Arvazallia company produces quality hair conditioners and hair masks. This hydrating hair mask is one of them. It is the best hair care product for bleached hair that gets damaged due to color and styling. This hair mask rejuvenates hair strands and brings your hair’s natural beauty.
Further, it transforms the texture of your hair and leaves you with soft, as well as silky hair. Your hair becomes manageable and tangle-free after regular use of this hair mask. This mask improves the elasticity of your hair and strengthens the hair shaft. It is rich in argan oil and essential vitamins that are excellent for all hair types.
You only need to leave it for 5-minute on your hair before rinsing it with water. It gives your hair the needed hydration in 5 minutes. Therefore, for over-processed hair, it is a great hair product that you should include in your daily hair care routine. You can use it before or after treating your hair with color. It’s good for protecting hair strands right before a color treatment.
6. Schwarzkopf Professional BlondMe Mask
This hair mask is rich in vitamin C and Keratin that helps moisturize your color-treated and blond hair instantly. It gives a silk-like texture to your damaged hair and repairs them too. The hydration power of this quality hair mask moisturizes your damaged follicles and leaves you with soft strands.
It revives and protects your hair from breakage and provides more strength to your bleached hair. Use it regularly after head wash to make your blonde, highlighted, or colored hair free from frizz. It also helps you maintain the texture of your color-treated hair for long days.
Make sure to cover your hair completely with this mask and leave it for 6-10 minutes before rinsing it with water. It is free from harsh chemicals, parabens, and sulfates, which make this mask a great hair product for all hair types, be it straight, curly, or kinky.
7. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Hair Mask
Are you in search of the best hair mask for bleached hair?
If yes, then this hair mask is a great option for you. The company named as Shea Moisturizer has made this replenishing mask. All the main ingredients of this hair mask are certified organic and best for anyone. The natural ingredients in this mask are Manuka honey, shea butter, castor oil, and apple cider vinegar.
The honey soothes your scalp with anti-inflammatory properties. The castor oil heals damaged hair and makes them look smooth as well as soft. Shea butter and peppermint help lock moisture in your hair and saves your strands from breakage.
Further, the rich blend of Jamaican black castor oil and organic Shea butter provides nourishment to your scalp and hair. With all-natural ingredients, you’re not getting artificial fragrances. Also, it won’t cause a headache and any skin irritation.
8. Argan Oil Hair Mask, 100% ORGANIC
Bleached hair results in a beautiful shade of blonde. However, to maintain the lovely blonde, you need to treat your hair with the best hair mask. The only shampoo is not enough; you need to apply a hair mask to get soft, smooth, and manageable hair. This argan oil hair mask is great if you are looking for something natural and organic for your strands.
This natural and organic hair mask repairs your damaged hair and leaves you with manageable strands. It also improves the overall health of your hair and scalp as well. The Argan oil in it comes from the seeds of an Argan tree native to Morocco, and it is rich in vitamin E. Furthermore, this mask has a high concentration of fatty acids.
Along with Argan oil, there is also almond oil in this quality hair mask. It is rich in vitamin B5 and hydrolyzed silk. Both these ingredients are 100% organic and natural. Thus, this hair mask is free from sodium, parabens, and sulfates. Moreover, it was created in an FDA approved lab.
9. Marc Anthony Grow Hair Mask
This is an anti-breakage hair mask that suits color-treated and bleached hair. It is blended with hydrating Avocado and Argan oil, which improves the texture of your after first use. Further, the infusing proteins in this hair mask nourish your weak, dry, and damaged strands.
This protein-rich mask helps improve the elasticity of your hair and restore strength from the inside out. It is also rich in Keratin, Caffeine, and Ginseng that will enhance the appearance as well as the feel of longer locks. You can use it after any shampoo to treat your bleached hair.
The best part is that this hair mask contains no sulfates, parabens, and phthalates. The Marc Anthony professional styling team created this hair mask, especially for women with bleach hair or color-treated hair. It is a salon-created and salon-approved hair mask for you.
From curly hair products to straight hair, anyone can use this product for getting frizz-free smooth strands.
10. Garnier Honey Repairing Hair Mask
Honey is the best natural material that hydrates hair as well as skin. If you are looking for the hair mask that has honey, then this mask from Garnier is a great option for you. This treasure hair mask heals hair and repairs damage as well as dry hair. It is infused with a blend of honey, propolis, and royal jelly extracts.
All these natural materials provide strength to your hair and leave you with soft, as well as silky strands. All the formula is paraben-free and contains no sulfate. It suits all hair types wavy, straight, curly, and kinky. If your hair gets damaged after bleached, then this hair mask can help you bring smoothness in your strands.
Over 100 years, Garnier has been producing naturally-inspired hair products. So, if you want something trusted and quality hair mask, this is a great choice for you.
11. Vitamins Keratin Hair Mask
This company has started manufacturing cruelty-free hair products back in 1943. This hair mask with Keratin is best for color-treated hair and bleached hair. It is rich in protein and nourishes your hair with moisturizer. Keratin is very good for frizzy and dry hair.
This hair mask also contains Moroccan Argan oil and vitamin E, both of which are a must for soft strands. If you are suffering from hair breakage and split ends, then this hair mask is for you. It reduces hair fall, split ends, and repair damaged hair too.
Further, this hair mask is cruelty-free; it’s also free of the harsh chemicals that can ruin your hair. There are no sulfates, parabens, and sodium. While repairing the bleached hair, it also removes frizz and improves hair texture.
12. Wella Fusion Plex Intense Repair Mask
If your hair is in need of moisture and nutrition, this luxurious Wella hair mask is for you. It repairs damaged and frizz hair while leaving you smooth strands. This mask also prevents your hair from breakage and split ends. Apply it on your hair for 5 minutes and then rinse off with water to get soft hair.
The mask contains conditioning ingredients and amino acids. Wella Intense Repair instantly repairs bleached hair and color-treated hair. The silk amino acids give you silky strands that are manageable too.
Even the most damaged hair feels renewed, smooth, elastic, and soft after regular use of it.
FAQs – Best Hair Mask for Bleached Hair
Why bleached hair needs hair mask treatments?
Studies show that bleach increases stains on our hair. It decomposes the melanin, a natural content in our hair. Swelling is the first consequence that makes your bleached hair look voluminous.
In addition, the lack of sufficient melanin makes your hair appear colorless. It also changes the hair color to yellowish or reddish tones according to the color the hair dye was.
Hair masks help retrieve the natural, healthy, and nourished condition of your hair and scalp. That’s why it is important to use the best hair mask for bleached hair.
What are some important tips for applying hair masks?
Make sure you follow these tips to yield the best results:
- Use a hair mask once a week to ensure optimum hair health.
- Never rub your hair dry with a towel because it can cause cuticle damage, hair breakage, and frizzy hair.
- Use normal water to wash your hair. It helps seal your hair cuticles, keep your hair moisturized, and minimizes frizz. You can use lukewarm water to wash your hair before applying the hair mask. It is because warm water opens cuticles and prepares your hair, ready to receive nourishment and moisture.
- Comb your hair using a wide-toothed wooden comb for detangling your hair.
- Use only the best quality and right hair masks. For instance, using a protein-rich mask when your hair is already packed with protein can make it too stiff.
To keep your bleached hair look beautiful, strong, shiny, and smooth, you need to follow the best hair care routine. The daily hair care routine is incomplete without a hair mask. You should try to use the best hair mask for bleached hair to keep your strands free from frizz and tangles.
We have reviewed around twelve best hair masks hope this will help you to buy the one for your hair.